Mechanical Insulation Calculators Added to DOE Software Tools
Simple calculators related to mechanical insulation in the Mechanical Insulation Design Guide are now accessible through the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) Industrial Technologies Program's (ITP's) Software Tools website.
The seven calculators are:
- Energy Loss, Emission Reduction, Surface Temperature, and Annual Return for Equipment
- Energy Loss, Emission Reduction, Surface Temperature, and Annual Return for Piping
- Financial Returns/Considerations
- Time for Freezing of a Fluid in an Insulated Pipe
- Temperature Drop for a Fluid in an Insulated Pipe
- Simple Heat Flow Through an Insulation
- Controlling Surface Temperature with Insulation
These calculators are useful for the beginner or experienced professionals in the construction, design, specification, maintenance, management, and budgeting fields. They were developed for MIDG by the Mechanical Insulation Education and Awareness Program, part of efforts by the DOE-ITP's Save Energy Now initiative to improve the energy efficiency of the U.S. industrial and commercial sectors. Project Performance Corporation and the National Insulation Association, in conjunction with its alliance with the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers, are working together to design, implement, and execute the Mechanical Insulation Education and Awareness Program.
For more in-depth information about the calculators, read the NIA News article about them.
This press release dates from