November temperatures for the Washington, D.C., area are typically in the mid-50s during the day, dropping to the mid-30s at night. Weather conditions vary, so check the weather forecast before you leave. Remember, meeting rooms can sometimes be cool, so we suggest wearing layers of clothing or bringing a jacket.
The Hyatt Regency Reston is located in the Reston Town Center, an outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment venue with more than 50 retail shops, 30 restaurants, a 13-screen Multiplex Cinema, entertainment pavilion, and ice skating rink. For more information about the Reston Town Center, please visit its website.
Casual attire is recommended for all committee meetings and the luncheon. For Tuesday evening's reception (November 6, 5-6 p.m.), we suggest a jacket but, please, no tie.
For more information about the area, please use the links below or contact NIA.
Things to Do in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Reston, Virginia is located in the heart of Northern Virginia and is only 18 miles from Washington, D.C., which has many opportunities for sightseeing. Here are just a few of the popular activities you can take advantage of:
- Visit Washington, D.C. and check out the free Smithsonian Institution museums, the National Zoo, national monuments and memorials, and the U.S. Capitol.
- Travel west and enjoy the taste of different wines in Loudoun County's wine country.
- Take in a show at the Kennedy Center.
- Indulge in shopping at many of the malls that surround the Reston area. These malls include the Reston Town Center, Tysons Corner Mall, Tysons Galleria, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, Fair Oaks Mall, and Dulles Town Center Mall.
- Visit the historic towns only a short ride away, including Old Town Alexandria, Middleburg, Leesburg, or Waterford.
Free overnight and daily/hourly parking is available at the Hyatt for meeting attendees during Committee Days from Monday, November 5 to Friday, November 6.
Overnight guests will receive a ticket at the parking garage kiosk when they arrive. This ticket should be presented to front desk staff when checking in to receive free parking. Overnight guests will be granted garage in and out privileges by swiping the guest room key in the parking garage kiosk. Free parking will be available on the day of check out until 6 p.m.
Daily/hourly guests will receive a ticket at the parking garage kiosk when they arrive. These registrants should come to the NIA Registration Desk daily to pick up a second parking ticket that will grant them free parking. When exiting the parking garage, the daily/hourly guest will insert the parking ticket received when coming into the garage first and, when prompted to do so, enter the second ticket received at the NIA Registration Desk.
If at any time you feel you were charged incorrectly for parking at the Hyatt, please stop by the NIA Registration Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.